Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Cookies

{This post is prior to my gluten-free days. Please use caution when following this recipe if you must eat gluten-free. Always check individual ingredients to ensure they're gluten-free before consuming.}


"I sure do like your Christmas cookies, Sugar. I sure do like your Christmas cookies, Babe."

Kyle loves this Christmas song and it is perfect for this post because..... CHRISTMAS COOKIES!

These are all new recipes that we made for the first time this year. One I found on Pinterest, one my mom found, and one I kinda developed myself (I'll explain that in a second.)


These I found on Pinterest at THIS website. I made these for a Cookie Swap that I talked about over on my guest post on Giann's blog. These cookies were so delicious! A friend of mine described them as just the right amount of gooey. I agree.


I literally cut up whole Butterfinger bars to put in there.

Hello, delicious.


And then I bagged them up all cute and such for the Cookie Swap. Thank you Target for the $1 bags. 


So go check out the recipe HERE on the original website!


So I may or may not be munching on this Chex Mix while I'm typing this.....

This technically isn't a cookie, but whatever. The recipe was adapted from the original recipe over on Chex website
But when me and mom made this the first time using the Chex recipe:
1) it didn't taste very Red Velvet-y 
2) it turned out brown and pink.... Um, that's the wrong color. 


However, the second time I made it I used a few different ingredients and voila! It turned out perfect! 

Did I mention that this cooks completely in the microwave? Oh, I didn't. How unthoughtful of me. 

Check out the recipe HERE!


So these cookies are what I usually call Cake Mix Cookies. I've made this recipe for years because you just change up the base recipe each time for a different cookie. However, I dressed these up for Christmas! {My absolute favorite combination is a strawberry cake mix with white chocolate chips. Here's a general recipe for Cake Mix Cookies.}

I bought swirly, festive-looking chips and crushed candy canes. This recipe makes 34 big cookies or 50 little cookies. And it takes like 30 minutes, and then you're done. So easy. 

Check out the recipe HERE!

I gave the Red Velvet Chex Mix and Peppermint Chocolate Cookies away as Christmas gifts. I love cooking for other people! 

Ok so make these recipes sometime this Christmas and let me know what you think! 

Much Love, 
KG, RD



No comments:

Post a Comment