Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mississippi Roast and Awesome Broccoli

{This post is prior to my gluten-free days. Please use caution when following this recipe if you must eat gluten-free. Always check individual ingredients to ensure they're gluten-free before consuming.}


Can I just let you know that this whole post is hubby approved? He loves these two things! And honestly, everything I post is Hubby Approved. Kyle is one of the most honest critics and one of the most grateful guinea pigs.

No worries though. He loves his job of trying everything I cook and he's always willing to give constructive criticism. Love ya hun!

Ok, so I also LOVE these two food items. And to be completely honest, I've never prepared them at the same meal because I probably would not be able to handle to awesomeness. [Cheesy? Maybe. True? Most definitely.]


I'll start with the main course: Mississippi Roast! This has been all over Pinterest in the past and I went to find the original pinner so I could give proper credit. But from what I found, I think it is more of a concept of how to cook a roast versus a single recipe that someone pinned. [If I'm wrong, I will be more than happy to give him or her credit. But for now, we gonna go with that.]


This roast is delicious. Hands down. Anyone who has ever tasted it would agree with me.


Sidenote: I know that it has a whole stick of butter in the recipe, but let's be real here, you personally are not going to sit down and eat the whole roast and whole stick of butter by yourself in one sitting. And you can pair this with some lighter sides to balance it out, so try not to panic. Maybe a salad. Some brown rice.
[However, if you do eat the whole roast by yourself in one sitting, no judgement, but we should probably chat.]


This roast browns so nicely in the crockpot. And when I leave it cooking for 8 hours, it just falls apart when I take it out. It's a beautiful sight.

Check out the Mississippi Roast recipe HERE on the Recipes page! 


 Next...... AWESOME BROCCOLI!

This stuff is addictive and delicious! It makes an appearance at our house at least once a week. And if I said that it all stays on the pan while everything else finishes cooking, I would be lying.


I either used the bagged or a floret of broccoli. I haven't tried frozen broccoli. I will probably try it sometime, but it probably won't crisp up as nicely as the fresh kind.


And you can use grated parmesan, but it doesn't taste as good as the shredded parm. It also doesn't stick as well.


This is the size spoon that is best for sprinkling the lemon juice. The smaller of your 2 spoons in the utensil drawer. I do 2 of these and sprinkle strategically. I know this seems like a very basic concept, but if you add too much lemon juice, it messes up the deliciousness. Trust me, it's important.


Check out the Awesome Broccoli recipe HERE 

Both of these recipes are so easy and so delicious! 
Try them. I promise you won't be disappointed. :)

Much Love, 
KG, RD

No comments:

Post a Comment