Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Cheesecake"

{This post is prior to my gluten-free days. Please use caution when following this recipe if you must eat gluten-free. Always check individual ingredients to ensure they're gluten-free before consuming.}


So I'm not sure if you have noticed or not, but my blog posts are started getting posted later and later... Because I procrastinate. With this new job, my time is a little more limited during the week, so I say to myself, "Hey, you'll have time to do your blog stuff this weekend."

Then the weekend gets here and I get super busy and then it's Sunday afternoon and I realize that I have nothing to post.


Today, my excuse was that I had to work/be-on-call. When we were driving back from B'ham this afternoon because I was in my beautiful friend's wedding yesterday, I started scrolling through my Recipes notebook on Evernote trying to find something to post. And I ran across a Healthy Cheesecake recipe that Chobani had put out on Pinterest.

I was nervous about it setting well enough with just greek yogurt, so I changed a few ingredients. Then I realized that the recipe was made for a 4 inch pie pan.... And I only have a 16 inch pie pan.

Dang it, I have to make 12 more inches of "Cheesecake."

So after doubling the filling called for in the original recipe and a little trial and error with the crust, it came out perfect! And it tastes delicious.


The selling points of this "Cheesecake": 
{Side note: when referring to this "Cheesecake", air quotes must be used at all times. Period.}
~ There's a bunch of fiber in the crust, because it's made with bran cereal. Hello healthy gut!
~ Nutella. 'Nuff said.
~There's 24 grams of protein in this "Cheesecake"... I have nothing comical to say about protein.
~It's stupid simple to make. Is that mean?
~Lastly, and most importantly, it's absolutely delicious.

Get the recipe HERE!

Soooo try it out, maybe even sneak it by some friends and family and not tell them that it's healthier than typical cheesecake. They probably won't even know the difference.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment